Sunday, September 21, 2008

This past week we went camping at Timothy Lake, OR. It is just south of Mt. Hood. It is a fishing lake, with a speed limit of 10 mph, so it was super calm and so peaceful. It is so nice to be outdoors and away from everything. We spent two nights and had such a blast, cooking over the fire and sleeping in a tent. I'm posting a ton of pictures, but it was so fun I wanted to share it. Rylin and I enjoying the fire
Getting ready to roast smores. . . the guy on the left is Mark's buddy from school, Mike, he joined us for the trip.
Jett loved Mike to swing him in the hammock
Trying to teach him to flex
My view relaxin' in the hammock
Yeah he was pretty much filthy the whole time. We'd get him all cleaned up and he was dirty again in no time.
We enjoyed a nice sunset. Unfortunately in all our family photos we were wearing hats and you couldn't see our faces real well.
Let's play "Where's Jett." He was running back to camp yelling to us all the things we try with him to get him to do what we want, "I'm going to beat you. . .Dinner's ready. . .Come on Daddy, this way, hurry." He could care less we weren't anywhere near him.


This was our best view of Mt. Hood, it's a little fuzzy because there was a huge forest fire at the base of the mountain.
So cute if it weren't for my darn hat
The whole crew
Our first class motor boat. . .Mark was the motor of course
Jett thought it was cool though and the boys had fun swimming


Sorry. . .more shadow, but the lake was so calm it gave great reflection
there were lots of these tree stumps where the soil had washed away, exposing sll the roots, it was really funky
the hiking trail. . .actually with a three year old it's more like a nature walk, you don't get very far
Rylin was perfectly cozy
stopped to snack, it's a good thing I was there, the boys were perfectly content to eat junk the whole trip



this was the view from our campsite
Jett loved the "bridges"
He could have thrown rocks into the water all day, no kidding
blue 32. . .blue 32. . .hike
don't bother me I'm sleeping





3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun time. Isn't camping great?

Our Family said...

I am not as brave as you! I am always so scared to take my baby's camping. ( and by baby, Brytlee is still my baby) So I have not been for a while... (unless you count a camper camping)
I love all your pictures, your family is so cute!
Jill

Gavin and Natalie said...

Hey!! Your trip looks like a blast! It makes me wanna go out camping before it gets too cold. Your little baby is growing up so fast! Hey, can you call me? My number is 208-403-8366. We need to get started on everything for the reunion. I have our yearbook at my apartment now, so we're good to go with lists. :) Can't wait to talk!
Love, Nan