So, I went out on a limb this week and decided to start a Joy School with some girlfriends in the ward. With new families in the ward there are quite a few 3 and 4 year olds (almost all boys) and some of the 4 year olds aren't doing any formal preschool. . .so. . .I thought I'd start a little informal "Joy School." It will totally be on the fly, I mean we'll have some established themes and such, but other than that it is going to just be us moms coming up with lessons and the curriculum. And I think we have enough people to rotate teaching so it doesn't become overwhelming. I don't know that I have it in me to pull this off. . .but I'm going to try. I'm taking the first two classes and the theme is going to be "Joy of the Body." Which is right up my alley with what I studied in school so I feel atleast fairly confident I can come up with lessons. I just hope I'm "teacher" material. If anyone out there has any suggestions or can help me out with this endeavor I'd love it! I just want to give my three year old some school experience without the school.
3 comments:
Great idea! You will do wonderful!
Jessica Ivie and I started our own preschool too- How funny. And yes Spencer is going to OU but his school is actually at a satelite location about 30 min north of Norman but still pretty close- We have to get together!!!
We've just started a joy school with Chalise too. I guess it's the thing to do with kids this age. I get to teach for the first time on Monday so we'll see how that goes. I must say I'm grateful to live in the age of internet. It's a lifesaver for stuff like this. I'm a little sad that you're not coming to Colorado but excited for you anyways. Are we on the way to Oklahoma?
Post a Comment