I'm starting week 4 of my running program. Things are going fairly well. My left knee is bothering me, I think mostly because of the lack of furniture and having to sit on the floor a lot. To most this probably sounds pretty weak sauce, but I think I'm a 28 year old in a 70 year old's body. However I'm going to keep pushing until I absolutely can't run, because I want to finish what I started.
DEJA
Waterton in Winter
4 years ago



4 comments:
That doesn't sound like something you'd say! Girl, take care of the goods! See if your library has chi-running. It's a book & dvd and it's awesome for teaching you how to run so that it feels effortless and comfortable! Who thought we needed to be taught how to run? Well, we do! I love you and I think it's great!! Why are we so stinking far apart?! I'm dying to see you!!
I hear you on the 28 year old in a 70 year old body!! I am running 3-4 miles a day and have been for about 6 months now. I wish I lived closer to go with you! I have lost 20 lbs since the class reunion. Feels so great! Where do you live??
Keep it up! But don't injure yourself!
Deja - here's a few tips to prevent knee problems that my friends & I have found helpful. 1) When running on the left side of the road, make sure that you are running on a flat surface. The slope of the road into the gutter hurts the left knee. 2) Try shortening your stride. One of my running friends really hurt her knee & that's the advice from her doctor. Good Luck!
Post a Comment